Saturday 26 February 2022

A sunny February walk around Sculcoates


The day was sunny, cold and frosty, my favourite winter weather, but there was a strong spring feeling, the greening vegetation, tree buds swelling, there was even a blackthorn in bloom. I did the usual circuit and could return via the now opened cycle track.

Chirping sparrow, already on their nesting site.
A female Sparrowhawk displaying over the drain.
Long-tailed tit
Blackthorn in bloom.
Singing Song thrush.
Two Greylags already looking for nest sites?
I spotted this hedgehog on the grassy triangle by Abbey Way, in the same spot I saw one last year with the same feature, an almost chewed off head.
A linnet and a Greenfinch singing at the North Cemetery.
Linnet singing.
Cormorant.
A Great Black-backed Gull at the bathing site in the river. Three Redshanks were also about.
Lesser Black-backed Gull.
I almost missed this skein of Pink-footed Geese flying over to the West.
Little Grebe, one of two seen.

No comments: