Tuesday 17 January 2023

A walk to Corinthians Way in January

 

A sharp, frosty morning, I had to run some errands in town, so I decide to walk to Corinthians Way, by the Humber. I realise the tide is quite low, and I'm curious to see what's feeding on the mudflats just south of Scott Street bridge. I'm glad I checked, as I see my first Curlew north of North Bridge, and three Redshank too. Two Dunlin are with a Redshank south of the bridge, Dunlin being new for the year. 

Curlew North of North Bridge.
A sleeping Redshank, or is it?
The light is gorgeous, and I try some interesting photography by Victoria Pier.
A Curlew arrives noisily, and it keeps calling and walking by the Deep.
The Half Tide Basin.
The Half-tide Basin pays dividends, as there is a gull roost, and more excitingly, a large flock of Dunlin, frantically feeding by the tideline with a Curlew and a Redshank. 

Dunlin.
Dunlin flock.
Dunlin.

Another Curlew by the Siemens factory.
The mud puddles by Corinthians way were frozen
The beach by Corinthians Way.
A Woodpigeon stops to drink.
This gull had an unusual head.
The roost of Redshank assembling 2 h before high tide by the Arctic Corsair.

1 comment:

Ralph Hancock said...

Dunlins are utterly charming.