If you ignore the odd supermarket trolley or rubbish here and there it makes a remarkably nice walk.
Grey Squirrel eating berries
Moorhen and supermarket trolley
A view of the drain towards Stepney LaneTales from the Riverbank, is an ongoing post with great photos of wildlife in the drain led by Bob Carter.
Where is it?
View Larger Map
- Great tit, pair with blue tits feeding on the lime
- Blue tit, pair
- Magpies, a tidings of 8 magpies
- Goldfinches, 2
- Robins singing and ticking
- Common gull
- Woodpigeon, one sunbathing on a field
- Starlings, feeding on Cordyline buds
- Dunnock, cricket call
- Kestrel, next to the drain
- Moorhens, lots of adults and immatures in the drain
- Mallards, several pairs in the drain
- Long-tailed tits, group crossing near Skulcoates lane
- Herring gulls feeding on a field, they seem to dance on the spot and then feed
- Crow in the park, seems to be caching food
- Mistle thrush park, pair
- Chaffinches, pair feeding on the ground
- Canada geese, 28 including the hybrid and the lame one.
- Large flock of geese flying south in V, more than 50, high pitched call.